ADVERTISEMENT

A Few Thoughts

I'm not of the mind to read all of your astute observations.
I'm sure these have been mentioned.

1. Why do I watch these games ?????
I'm fine with us losing if it is a fair fate.

2. RG3 and Mark Jones were unlistenable.
I usually put up with the TV guys.
Couldn't today.

3. Should we just forfeit when that ref crew shows up???
We know a nut crushing loss is coming.
Just make it two -zip and move on.

4. Does some kid need to die on the field for them to call the hits that can actually damage kids???
Dekkers was DEFENSELESS.(Brings in a whole list of additional criteria.)
He was headed to the turf with no control of his own.
The second defender comes in with MALICIOUS INTENT.
IF that ain't targeting, then let them play with knives and sharp objects. Would be less dangerous.

5. Once again a Campbell team won't quit.
Seeing the inner Paul Rhoads come out of CMC is a new phenomenon.
Not a good one. Tells the story of how bad we are getting F'd.

6. Can't get the stink of Texas out of this league fast enough.
May be the last time I watch us play them.
Who needs that Sh*t.

7. Better offensive game plan.
Get Dekkers moving,
Use more guys.
Reason for hope.

8. We have a run counter motion with Rus in position for the pitch.
Everybody knows we won't.
Get another back in that position.

9. Someone needs to make Bevo into ground round.

10. More as my rage develops further.

OSU Stat

While watching a game tonight on ESPN, the ribbon across the bottom of the screen tells us that today’s Cowboy loss was the first time since 2011 when leading by 17+ points.

Gosh, I wonder who that opponent was ??

👍👍 😎

I am watching the ECU/Memphis game and Joe Scates just caught a long pass over the shoulder for about 30 yards. Forgot that he transferred. My son attends ECU and is a 39 year old freshman. Spent 20 years in the Army and decided to get some education after his career in the military.

Attitude adjustment?

I always thought I was the most pessimistic poster on this board, but my crown has been stolen and shattered by several of you guys.

I am as disappointed and frustrated as the next guy, and I don't understand the offensive situation, but good gracious sakes alive, folks. We lost a ton of talent. We are at 3-3, which includes a win at Iowa City and all the losses to rated teams by one score.

Let's get real.

FOOTBALL ***Iowa State @ Texas game prediction thread***

It's Texas week, so let's get rolling with those predictions for the game against the Longhorns.

1) Winner & margin of victory. (ex: Iowa State by six)
2) Total points scored. (ex: 52 points)

The Longhorns are currently being favored by 17 points (the line opened at 14.5) and the over/under is 50.5 points.

Number one will be the first determiner and then I'll take whoever gets closest to the total points.

Contest winners will be rewarded as follows: first place (three free months added to your subscription); second place (two free months); third place (one free month).

• Poll
Covid-19

Have you had Covid?

• No: I have not have Covid to the best of my knowledge.

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Yes: I have had Covid.

Votes: 23 53.5%
  • Don't Know: I suspect I may have had Covid, but not sure.

Votes: 6 14.0%

It seems more and more people have had Covid at least once. I thought it would be interesting to have an anonymous poll as to how widespread it has been with members of this board.

I just got my fourth Covid shot a couple days ago along with a flu shot. I was waiting for the new Covid shot that is supposed to be tailored for the new strains. I have never had Covid as far as I know. I've been tested about four times and was clean and have no reason to believe I ever had it. But it seems most of my friends have had it, although most weren't very ill.

Paul Rhoads new job

Des Moines Register story by Tommy Birch reports Paul Rhoads is now the defensive coordinator for Gulf Shores High School in Alabama and, apparently, loving it.

Lame Excuses From a Hawkeye Fan

Copied and pasted from Facebook, replies to my posting of Kagavi's picture of the fumble.
"They stole the ball in the pile. It was not a fumble recovery. And it sure looked like it broke the plane. Poor call at best.
But if they had an offense it wouldn't have mattered."
His reply to my response, you watched a different replay than I did:
"I watched several angles multiple times. The ball was right at the line, the question was if he was down, but your angle shows he wasn't. Then the ball comes out and the Iowa player lays on it. Then there is a pile and when the pile is removed an Iowa State player has the ball.
Was it s touchdown? Sure looks like it, but wasn't called as one.
Was he down before the fumble? Based on your angle, which I hadn't seen before, it appears not.
Who recovered the fumble? It's in the replay that Iowa did, but apparently if you give them a minute or two to fight under the pile Iowa State did.
You have to get to the end of the third level before Iowa State gets that ball, but they did."

Losers.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT