ADVERTISEMENT

I flippin hate football clichés, but

Never has one been more appropriate... we have zero "Offensive Identity." We have no idea what we want to be when we grow up. 3rd and long every possession for a first year starting QB is no way to go through life son.. I had a guy tell me this summer that we have three starters on online that will play on Sunday. Must have meant in the Church band.

Offense thoughts

Obviously, our biggest issue is offense. Defense is good, special teams is improving, but offense is stagnant, being nice.

A couple of obvious comments. We HAVE to fix the offensive line to be able to run the ball. Whether that is recruiting, scheme, coaching, S&C, or all the above, I don't know. It has to be fixed.

But, for the rest of the offense, we recruit okay to really well. Maybe not top end, but certainly sufficient to win. And we have RB, TE, WR, and QB talent in the NFL. Not a lot but players who, developed under this staff, have gotten a chance.

But what makes our defense reasonably strong and our offense lacking? It is not talent. So that leaves coaching and scheme. We have beaten coaching to death, pro and con. No sense on another thread on that. (Note I have strongly implied something has to give regarding Oline.) So, what about scheme?

It seems to me, with limited knowledge, that we need to have a more versatile running game. To me, that involves 2 running options instead of 1. And the ability to attack from a variety of angles.

How do you get 2 running options? 2 RB's, or a RB and true Wing Back, or run the QB. And if you run the QB, say 10 times a game, you need 2 ready to play and 1 who can get there. And the ability to run and throw effectively. Or angles bt putting the QB under center more.

What system fits the type of recruits we can bring in? (All assuming we fix the Oline?)

Change in spring football practices 2 years ago

Remember when Campbell announced they were changing the way they ran spring football?

They decided to hit less and spend majority of time on fundamentals/technique

Look at the results 7-6 for a preseason top ten team and 3-5 this year

We have lost tons of close games by mental mistakes, penalties, turnovers and terrible special team plays

I’m thinking this change in philosophy has hurt our mental toughness and execution

Not learning what it takes to pull through when players are tired and getting hit a lot since they don’t do it in practice much
Seems like we have had more injuries also

It’s the one thing that was changed during this slide Of underachievement, thought I would see what people think?

Rewatch thoughts... not much improvement

1. Our punt team about had another punt blocked by OU sending 3 from the top side. Just missed it. We will get another blocked if it isn't changed.

2. Iowa State is 37th in the nation on 3rd down conversions. The problem is Manning has them in 3rd and long almost every set of downs. Dekkers made several great plays to move the chains throughout the game. Dekkers had one bad pick. The one wasn't a pick ans the 3rd down one had no one to throw to. All 3 receivers at same depth and all covered.

3. Iowa state running the ball after a big play has to be 99% likely based on data. Every damn time and I think every one went for less than 3 yards.

4. The running backs missed multiple big run opportunities. Oline got a lot of grief but backs didn't help them much. Got tackled multiple times by one player who shouldn't have been able to make the tackle had they hit it hard. Play blocked for at least 5 and all they got was 5.

5. Johnson played a hell of a game at safety. Played hard and gave his body up multiple times.... you can tell he is tired of losing.

6. Fake field goal issue is all coaching. Rolling up the backer to the other side every time....OU sees it on tape and runs an easy hand off to the opposite side. This is coaching 101. Regular D should have been on the field anyway. 2 failures by coaches on one play

6. The staff needs to do some soul searching when it comes to player decisions. Too many guys on the field not giving it up for the extra 2 yards etc.

Examples.

Noel fair catching a ball at the 15 that was a low kick on kick return. Easy return ball. He runs out of bounds after a catch where he had plenty of room to get up field for a first down. Made zero attempt to do it.

7 at wide receiver should not be on the field. Dropped an easy catch to convert a first down.

Shaw dropped two balls. One should have been a big play. He short armed it worried about getting hit. The other an out and higher throw that he just dropped.

7. Young backer Mclaughlin got exposed a few times. Tough game for him.

8. Freyler blows a coverage where he had man on the slot in motion. Gives up an easy TD. He also looked a step slow a couple of plays getting to the outside. Missed a big tackle on one that led to a big run. May need to move him to backer.

Positives.

1. Cooper still looks good as a young safety. Shows up on tape every game.

2. Young backer 14 had one really nice play and looked ok on others.

3. Young back showed potential but needs to lose the high step fake. Make a cut and go.

Tough to rewatch a couple of these offensive series. Get down to the 10 and 2 running plays for nothing.

Get the ball back to possibly tie the game..run for 1 yard and then OPTION play for a couple... what the hell. Option with those two players...wow.

Did CMC really say it’s the 3rd rebuild….

…in 7 years?

If that’s true, then it’s admitting that his process is broken in terms of building a consistent program.

I don’t think I recall a coach at another school saying that they are in a rebuild except the first couple of years after taking the job.

If you are rebuilding in year 7, your recruiting process is failing.

FOOTBALL ***Iowa State vs. Oklahoma game prediction winners***

Thank you to everyone who participated last week. The final score was Oklahoma 27, Iowa State 13 (Oklahoma by 14 and 40 total points).

Here are the winners:
@CyRail had Oklahoma by 14 and 40 total points - gets three months added onto the term of their subscription.
@zella had Oklahoma by 10 and 36 total points - gets two months added onto the term of their subscription.
@HoustonCy had Oklahoma by 10 and 44 total points - gets two months added onto the term of their subscription.

FOOTBALL ***Iowa State-West Virginia Game Time & Broadcast Info Announced***

Iowa State Media Relations

AMES, Iowa - Iowa State’s Nov. 5 Big 12 Conference game and Homecoming showdown against West Virginia at MidAmerican Energy Field at Jack Trice Stadium will kick off at 2:30 p.m. (CT) on Big 12 Now on ESPN+.

2022 Schedule
Sept. 3 – SEMO – W, 42-10
Sept. 10 – at Iowa – W, 10-7
Sept. 17 – OHIO – W, 43-10
Sept. 24 - *BAYLOR – L, 31-24
Oct. 1 - *at Kansas – L, 14-11
Oct. 8 - *KANSAS STATE – L, 10-9
Oct. 15 - *at Texas – L, 24-21
Oct. 29 - *OKLAHOMA – 11 a.m. – FS1
Nov. 5 - *WEST VIRGINIA – 2:30 p.m. – Big 12 Now on ESPN+.
Nov. 12 - *at Oklahoma State
Nov. 19 - *TEXAS TECH
Nov. 26 - *at TCU

FOOTBALL *** Iowa State-Oklahoma State Game Time Announced***

Iowa State Media Relations

AMES, Iowa - Iowa State’s Nov. 12 Big 12 Conference game at Oklahoma State will kick off at 2:30 p.m. (CT) on ESPN2 or ESPNU.

2022 Schedule
Sept. 3 – SEMO – W, 42-10
Sept. 10 – at Iowa – W, 10-7
Sept. 17 – OHIO – W, 43-10
Sept. 24 - *BAYLOR – L, 31-24
Oct. 1 - *at Kansas – L, 14-11
Oct. 8 - *KANSAS STATE – L, 10-9
Oct. 15 - *at Texas – L, 24-21
Oct. 29 - *OKLAHOMA – L, 27-13
Nov. 5 - *WEST VIRGINIA – 2:30 p.m. – Big 12 Now on ESPN+.
Nov. 12 - *at Oklahoma State – 2:30 p.m. – ESPN2 or ESPNU
Nov. 19 - *TEXAS TECH
Nov. 26 - *at TCU

Farmland Estate question.....

Hopefully someone on this forum knows a little or has experience about this.

Let's say a somewhat large farm, north of 1,000 acres has 5 different beneficiaries listed. Two of these are from his side of the family, and the other 3 are from his wife's side. The only reason I bring this up given across two sides of the family, that potentially makes things more complicated.

When it comes to settling the estate, how typically is the farmland divided up? Is each parcel split up with all five having joint ownership, or do they look at the value of each parcel and assign each beneficiaries certain blocks with 100% ownership? In other words, instead of having say 20 parcels owned jointly, would it just be maybe someone would get 5 parcels that they own 100%? Hope that makes sense.

Not sure if it matters at all when the estate is getting settled, but my hunch is some beneficiaries will want cash rather than land and others will want land. Does that change anything?
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT