ADVERTISEMENT

CFB future = NFL lite?

ColoradoClone

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Sep 16, 2004
A colleague told me that there’s a discussion on a CU Buffs forum about conversations the CU athletic director has had with Fox and ESPN about the future of college football. The AD was told that the ultimate goal is a league of 36 of the top eyeball catching programs in 2028. An NFL lite. Supposedly the media mafia will gather data from the most recent six years to decide who is in and who is out. CU fans are excited because they were third in viewership last year. Records over that time will not matter (conveniently for CU). The AD allegedly said this to big donors at a recent gathering.

Take all of this with a grain of salt obviously. CU fans are some of the most arrogant out there. This could simply be an AD pushing to raise more money. Or it could all be made up. But it seems somewhat consistent with recent comments made by Utah’s coach.

Can we just get to the endgame please? I’m hopeful it will be 70-80 programs regionally divided under one commissioner. But whatever it is, I just want it to be done.

Reactions: CP4CY and SufrnCy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.