ADVERTISEMENT

Catching Up On The Board

Psyclone

Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Oakland > Ames > Cedar Rapids
I've been preoccupied the last few weeks with my move to Ames and getting the house ready for the listing. Most of the Cedar Rapids portion of that activity is behind me now, with a load of stuff in Ames cluttering up nearly every square inch of available territory. I had fallen way behind on keeping up with this message board.

This morning I spent the last couple hours catching up on unread messages. They were five pages deep when I started. With an assist to the Chrome extension "Hover", I got caught up to a point where there were no unread messages flagged. So I feel like I'm getting closer to being back in the real world. I have a ton of work to go through my stuff in Ames, But I'll have a lot less time on the road between Cedar Rapids and Ames.

I don't always read all the posts, but I click on all unread posts (or hover with the extension) and quickly scan them. The gameday threads are the most time consuming but can be the most entertaining as people can really overreact to events of the moment. Many, if not most, have a hard time reigning in their emotions through the ups and downs of an athletic contest. It's can be quite entertaining after the fact. The difference between a missed field goal and a made field goal at the end of a game swings that emotional meter from one extreme to the other. Fortunately it turned out well this time. Bad plays are easily forgotten, the good plays keep the smile on our faces. But that small margin of error when it fall in your favor can make the next game harder to win. Win or lose, that game needs to be quickly forgotten and back to work on the things that need improved.

Anyone want to buy a house in Cedar Rapids? 😁

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.