ADVERTISEMENT

Oh, those horrible GOP election deniers !

Democrats are slamming conservatives left and right for being election deniers. Yet hundreds of them denied the 2016 election, including Billary. Now they are already denying the 2022 election because they are going to get slaughtered. And today Billary has told us the 2024 election is ALREADY stolen! What a bunch of low life's.

The Iowa State "Way"

Iowa State has long struggled to be a factor in Division 1 P5 football. We have chronicled the lack of University/Administration Support. Same with general level of Booster support both in numbers and amount. We have noted we don't have the super boosters many schools have.

Since Mac came, we have fought the facilities battles to catch up. And, for the most part, we finally have. Our facilities are top-notch. Not the best but not a detriment either.

But now the playing field makes another leap. NIL and the Transfer Portal are the Brave New World, just as we barely caught up with the old one. We are behind in NIL money, probably at the very bottom of the big 12. And we still view the Portal as a plug a hole or 2 venue, rather than a full scale roster management tool. Perhaps that is by necessity due to the NIL shortcomings. We just get caught up and, voila, we are behind again.

We have been a player in the Portal in MBB. You could argue we invented it. But in FB we just dabble. Reeder and Anderson have been great additions. Stanley is improving. But that pales to the total changeover at KSU, TCU, TTU. We will get it figured out but I hope we do not have to endure a new regression before we get there.

Regarding Spots

I was furious at the game at some of the spots, particularly on the east side. I was mad at officials, I was mad at our players for lack of awareness.

But our First down markers and the Orange flat marker seem to be further from the field than the ones I see on TV. The first down markers were 5-6 feet off the sideline. So now i am mad for h OU w we administer our sideline.
Reactions: Carley123

High School playoffs (Kohl)

Watched 1st half of game vs Sioux City East. East has a pretty good DL and pressured Kohl a bit. He looked decent. Receivers didn't. He's a long ways from supplanting Deckers imo but should be a good one. Didn't watch 2nd half but see Ankeny won 17-0. East's QB and WR have set all kinds of school records but looked bad last night. Course their stats are somewhat overstated with a 73-0 win over SC West when the QB threw 9 TD passes. I'm in SBL so not a big East fan.

Halloween party living in Kansas?

Invited to a Halloween party on Saturday. I have been in the Overland Park, KS area for almost 30 years. Most at the party are Kansas, Kansas State fans some Missouri. I want to make a list of 20 or so points that we as Cyclones hate about those three schools. All in fun a really good group of guys. #1 for me is Kansas State and the cow bell. Had three of them in Ames behind me a few years back that were relentless. I appreciate any you might have that would be fun to give them heck about. Going to bring a soap box with me to announce as the evening progresses. Go Cyclones!

From Iowa State Football Alliance on Facebook

Stan Hollibaugh
· 16m ·

Time to fix this

Okay, we don't know who you are, but if you read this, you will. One amongst us made a grave error, an innocent error, that has had serious consequences.
Now is the time to own up and do whatever is necessary to make it right again.
I've figured it out. I don't have the exact details, but it went down something like this.
It was the night before the Iowa game. Maybe you were at the middle urinal at the airliner or having a Gyro by the Three Ladies Pissing Statue. Maybe you were at your Hawkeye in-laws house sleeping in the guest room with a Herky clock on the wall at midnight. I don't know for sure, but one of those Jumanji or 80s movie where two people switch bodies things happened. You said something like, "I would rather go winless in the Big XII than lose to Iowa." We know you didn't really mean it, but when you looked straight at the Tiger Hawk or that Goth wannabee in the Ped Mall, it happened. Your wish came true and the cosmic forces were disrupted.
We all know that sinister forces are at work here. Our one good win this year is to Iowa. Normally, that would be a good win, but they have the worst offense in all of Power 5 football.
Before that game, before you accidently uttered that incantation while the big Herky wing and the little Herky wing touched on the 12, we had a decent running game along with a great D and a promising young QB. Now we have a win over Iowa and a lot of disappointment.
It's time to fix this. Whatever it takes. Whatever! Maybe you have to tell your father-in-law that Herky sucks. Maybe you need to run through the Ped Mall naked. I don't know. But it's time to reverse that Herky curse and get back to Iowa State football.
For the rest of us, we need to do our part. Wear your lucky Cyclone socks or undies or the ugly Cy shirt that your mother-in-law bought you even though she is an Iowa grad. Whatever it takes. I don't know, but we need to have another big Win against Oklahoma like we did when the unlikeliest of heroes, Kyle Kempt, led us to victory and began a new era of Cyclone football.
Let's Do It.
May be an image of 3 people and outdoors

ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT