ADVERTISEMENT

Yormark vs Kliavkoff

ketelmeister

Legend
Gold Member
Dec 10, 2006
I have no inside knowledge, but do have some analysis based on the comments by the Pac and Big 12 Commissioners.
Kliavkoff:
He is in a terrible position.
-He knows he screwed up by not putting the Big 12 out of business when he had the chance. In fact, the door was wide open, and he passed it up.
-He didn't see it coming..USC and UCLA. I don't know why, it seemed like a real option when USC was complaining about money and then hired Lincoln Riley. Again, major screw up
-His best hope to come out of this was a merger with the Big 12. He could save face, and even give up his job if need be, but it was a way out. Not happening.
-And now he has made it worse with his performance this week at the press days. His comments will come back to haunt him. Saying."No one will leave the Pac." was stupid. If even ONE team leaves, he is toast. And being snarky and defensive made him look like a dead man walking. He should have said, "I am here for the teams in the Pac. I want what is best for them, and will explore all avenues available to do what's in everyone's best interest."
-His legacy may be the guy who presided over the end of the Pac, and missed opportunities to keep it alive. Not a good legacy.

Yormark:
New guy who inherits a great opportunity. Greatness comes from opportunity, and it's there for him. He knows what he is doing, and already probably knows what media opportunities there are for the Big 12 in dollars and cents. In essence, he is holding all the cards, and only needs 1 or 2 teams to ruin the Pac and George K. I doubt he will have any mercy, I wouldn't at this point. And a new exciting commissioner is a great spot to be in.

Just my thoughts. Like a movie plot to watch this play out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News