ADVERTISEMENT

What (Who) is the difference this year?

clonedaddy

Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Let me start by saying that this team has a somewhat better o line and a bunch of talent at key positions including the most important one, QB. Ryan Clanton has made a difference with the o line so there's that. But, I've argued on this board for years that, even though the o lines of past years might not have been great, they weren't as bad as a lot of people made them out to be. I've argued that play calling and offensive strategy made or broke more than one of our o lines. Of course it matters a lot if the o line gets even marginally better too which it has.

IMO, what Mouser is doing this year is keeping defenses off balance better than any o coordinator since Steve Loney. Offensive lines are very often a victim of poor in-game play calls and strategy. Mouser has changed things up a lot and it's showing. Defenses are having a harder time figuring out exactly what we might do and that takes a ton of pressure off of the o line. My opinion is that Mouser is the MVP of this team so far this season.....again, only my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.