ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on Creighton game tomorrow night

smitchix

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Oct 1, 2001
MBB travels to Creighton tomorrow night, and I see this as a big game for a number of reasons.

We know now we have a very solid MBB team. With that said, the Big 12 is a beast. Even though we are #19 in the country, I believe that if you offered me a 9-9 conference record right now...hmmmm...I would have to think long and hard about taking that. Experts would see us as starting at 0-6 vs KU, Baylor, and TX. I don't necessarily think that is the case, but many would.

Creighton is 7-1 and 4-0 at home. That is known to be a tough place to win.

We have already gotten good neutral court wins over Xavier and Memphis. We NEED those teams to go on and have good years. Memphis lost again since us, to a below average Georgia team.

A road win at Creighton could go a long way to building a great non conf resume. We have wins over P6 teams Oregon State (who unfortunately is now 1-6), Xavier, and Memphis. We have opportunities left vs Creighton, Iowa and Mizzou. Iowa has been really good - undefeated - but Mizzou is 4-4.

I think Saturday night is huge. Some of our better teams have never run up this many P6 wins in the non conf. Our non conf schedule is literally all or nothing....it seems like it is a P6 team (some of which are historically very solid), or a SWAC team or the like. One of the worst conferences in D1 basketball.

IF we can beat Creighton Saturday....I think we have a chance to go 11-2 at the absolute worst, and possibly even 12-1 or 13-0 (if everything fell right and we could beat the damn Squawks) in our non conf schedule.

You do that....and finish 9-9 or better in the Big 12, you are easily dancing. Easily. And who predicted that this year? (keeps hand not raised)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News