ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Texas TE Adds Cyclone Offer to Collection

PaulClark

Sep 1, 2002
by Bill Seals

After a recent offer from Iowa State, a 2020 tight end from the Lone Star State is now up to four Power-5 offers.

McKinney (Texas) North junior Brandon Frazier said the offer came from out of the blue, but he’s anxious to start learning more about the Cyclones.

“I didn’t really know they were recruiting me until September 1st,” said Frazier. “They started sending some mail about players and the coaching staff, writing notes and all that. One day my coach told me to call the tight ends coach Alex Golesh at Iowa State. He really likes the way I play and my size. They presented me with an offer. I was a little unaware of it but I’m happy.”

The 6-foot-5, 237-pound Frazier now has offers from I-State, Arkansas, Oklahoma State and Purdue. He is a three-star prospect with a 5.5 Rivals rating.

Versatility is what landed Frazier an offer from ISU, he says.

“(Golesh) was talking about how they use their tight ends as blockers and receivers,” he said. “I think that I fit that position well. I think I’m a better blocker than most tight ends and my receiving skills are a good trait for me as a tight end.”

A few days after scoring the Cyclone offer, Frazier said he tuned into the game against the Sooners and was happy with the effort.

“The week they offered me, that Saturday they played Oklahoma and that was my first time watching and paying attention to the offense,” he said. “I really like the way they play, they play really fast and don’t stop until the whistle.”

Next up could be an unofficial visit to Ames for the 2020 prospect.

“It looks like they have nice facilities up there and I’m trying to come catch a game this fall,” he said. “I’m planning on calling Coach Golesh soon to talk about coming up for a game and to check out the campus. One of my friends is a student there and says it’s really nice. He loves their stadium, atmosphere and everything about it.”

Frazier will get his first in-person glimpse of the Cyclones in a few weeks when he watches them on the road at Oklahoma State, as a guest of the Cowboys coaching staff. He’s also planning game day visits to Arkansas and SMU.

Reactions: Chester90
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News