ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING Texas DT talks Cyclone offer

PaulClark

Sep 1, 2002
by Bill Seals

Iowa State became the first FBS offer of any kind for a Class of 2017 defensive lineman last week when head coach Matt Campbell personally spoke with the recruit.

Pearland’s Jordan Crawford has gotten heavy interest from Texas A&M and Houston, but it was the Cyclones who pulled the trigger first on an offer.

“My coach had told me about four to five days ago, so I talked to Coach Campbell for about 30 minutes about the offer,” said Crawford. “He told me a lot about the school, the conference it’s in and the type of defense they run. I like that most of our games are going to be played in the state of Texas, because I like being down here with the weather.”

The 6-foot-1, 295-pound Crawford said he would like to taken an unofficial visit to Ames before his spring break is over this weekend.

“They liked my film, but they would like to see me in person,” he said. “I’m going up there pretty soon, probably towards the end of my spring break later this week. I’m looking forward to seeing the campus and what type of majors they have, as well as the weight room and training facility.”

A Class 6A third-team all-state selection in his first season at Pearland after transferring from League City Clear Falls, Crawford said he was happy to finally get his first offer.

“I was very excited and really relieved,” he said. “It felt like a weight was off my back, because someone had finally given me a chance to prove myself.”

Crawford said he likely won’t make a decision until this fall, so he can take some official visits.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News