ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING Terrell Drawing Close to a Decision

PaulClark

Sep 1, 2002
by Bill Seals

A Georgia prep defensive lineman with an offer list approaching 20 took an unofficial visit to Iowa State over the weekend and said the program cemented its standing with him.

Hogansville Callaway rising senior Lichon Terrell spent Saturday with coaches and players, and gave the experience a high grade.

“I absolutely loved it,” said Terrell. “The visit was hands down the best I’ve ever been on. The players, the coaches, the campus were all that everyone made it out to be. I really liked how the coaches treated everybody the same.”

The 6-foot-2, 260-pound defender said he likes what they Cyclone coaches have planned for him.

“They’re recruiting me to play either tackle or nose on the interior defensive line,” Terrell said. “I met with Coach (Eli) Rasheed and we watched my film. He pointed out the things he loves that I do. We also went over their defense and how they play. I loved the way they use their defensive linemen.”

In addition to ISU, Terrell has a Power-5 offer from Mississippi State, along with several in the G5 ranks. He is planning to make a commitment in the coming days.

“Iowa State was leading and my favorite going into the visit and afterwards they’re still on top,” he said. “I’m planning to announce my decision this Friday.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News