ADVERTISEMENT

Taking a break from the neighborhood

NavyClone

Sophomore
Jul 31, 2001
I often think of Cyclone Report as a neighborhood filled with Cyclone fans. As an undergrad from 1985-1989, grad student working in the Athletic Department for Ed Gagnier in the early 90's, up until today, I've always been proud to claim to be a resident of the Cyclone neighborhood.

No specific reason but I've decided to take a break from CR. I've been a subscriber to just about every ISU sports publication going back to the days of Todd Stevens (I think that was him) selling the original "Cyclone Illustrated" (I think that is what it was called) walking through the tailgates of ISU football games. I remember the excitement of discovering electronic bulletin boards with ISU sports information back in the 90's while living in Texas, was like a breeze from home. Because I've been a member, albeit mostly quiet, of this neighborhood for so long I didn't want to just drop out of sight without saying goodbye.

More than the discussions, arguments, and downright feuds, I'll remember the personalities that shone through behind the avatars. Mostly I'll remember the people who reached out in times of need with concern, insight, and prayers during times of need or pain; I know how much the assistance meant to me when I reached out this summer during a time pain for my family.

Not sure if stepping way will be a month, a year, a decade, or longer. With recent retirement I'm ready to let something else take a bigger slice of my time.

God bless all and Go Cyclones!

NavyClone
Mark Ferley
ISU '89

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News