ADVERTISEMENT

Strange Dynamics (basketball)

CloneForever

Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I am the first to admit that I know nothing other than what I read here about the Fred situation. A lot is confusing. Some of it is pure conjecture, including most of the stuff coming from the "standard" press. They seem to be in a frenzy to get something new, but, at least at this point there is nothing definite out there.

Locally, we seem to have some unsubstantiated rumors that Fred has a problem with Jamie. That may be because of his "leak", not stepping up and offering more money, the Bubu situation, JP's personality, and probably others. By reading, however, there is not one shred of evidence that this rift actually exists. It is only because some unnamed source says so.

The Bulls seem to be the most talked about player from the NBA standpoint. Yet, again, nothing is concrete. And Fred seems like a smart man. From the outside it appears that Bulls management meddles more than ever seems to be the case at ISU. It appears to be one of the most dysfunctional franchises around. I have a hard time believing that Fred wants to walk into that mess.

So that leaves us with "board" sources, both here and on CF. First, it is all posters here. There has not been one article or post from Paul or Bill, that I can remember. On CF, comments from CW seem to be missing, but the sites founder Jeremy is chiming in. But again they don't seem to be well grounded and awfully anonymous. The only thing I would classify as solid, and that is only because of an almost spotless record of posting with ISU information, comes from Cloned. Basically he said "not to worry." Almost everything else screams panic city. (Assuming you believe losing Fred would be the near end of Cyclone athletics as we know it.) And this has been going on in real earnest since last Wednesday or so - longer in the more general form.

That is a long time for as much that would have to be happening for this to go down, and for it to remain basically unconfirmed and rumor. If it does go down, it is one of the most impressive cover-ups of modern times.

Yeah, I am getting antsy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News