ADVERTISEMENT

Stranded In Minnesota?

Psyclone

Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Oakland > Ames > Cedar Rapids
I made my way to Rochester, MN this morning ahead of the snow. I've got a couple nights booked in the room for some appointments over the next two days. The snow has started as forecast, but the worst is yet to come. There is a good chance I won't be able to get out of here early Thursday afternoon with all the snow that is coming. The forecast is ever changing as Rochester is near the southern edge of the weather even and the gradient from heavy snow to freezing rain to nothing is not a great distance.

The forecast accumulation over the next three days is down to 9" right now. It was maybe as high as 18" earlier, but has seemed to bounce around quite a bit. Tommorrow will be the biggest threat. It ends around noon Thursday about the same time as my appointments end, but winds blowing the dry snow could still present a problem.

I came up from Cedar Rapids and was planning to go back to Ames, but my best bet may be to head directly south to Waterloo and take 20 over then down I35 to Ames, rather than drive through southern Minnesota to I35 then down. But those conditions are still changing also. I've got a couple days to figure it out. There's a good chance I'll have to stay a third night and head down Friday. Lucky for me they put me in a suite, which is really nice.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News