ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING Still a Two-School Battle for Eisworth

PaulClark

Sep 1, 2002
by Bill Seals

Both Iowa State and Colorado hosted an SEC bounce-back recruit on official visits back in June, and both Power-5 programs are still out in front as the 2017 season approaches.

Trinity Valley (Texas) JUCO defensive back Greg Eisworth, who transferred to the program after one redshirt season at Ole Miss, says he has kept in steady contact with the Cyclones since his mid-June official visit.

“My recruitment is going good just taking it day by day,” said Eisworth. “I’m still talking to Coach (Jon) Heacock and Coach (Matt) Campbell pretty often. They keep saying that they want me to be their starting safety and help lead the secondary next year with (Brian) Peavy and (D’Andre) Payne. They love my abilities and leadership skills.”

The 6-foot-0, 195-pound Eisworth was a three-star recruit with a 5.6 Rivals ranking coming out of South Grand Prairie (Texas) High School. He signed with the Rebels over P5 offers from Baylor, Iowa, Kansas and Oklahoma.

However, a nagging hamstring injury and frustrations with how the Ole Miss staff treated the injury, led to Eisworth leaving Oxford in search of a better fit.

The former SEC defensive back said the Cyclones have a great chance at this point.

“I still have Iowa State and Colorado out in front,” Eisworth said. “I think the chances of Iowa State getting me are pretty high as of now, honestly.”

Eisworth, who plans to join his next school in January of 2018, appears ready to make a decision in the coming days.

“I’m kind of closing in on a decision but want to be whole hearted, so I’m taking my time,” he said. “It’s kind of up in the air on when I'll actually decide, but it could be soon. As of now, I don't have any additional visits set up.”

West Virginia offered Eisworth a scholarship on Thursday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News