ADVERTISEMENT

Spit balling

CloneForever

Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
A previous thread got me thinking about the myriad of options mentioned for the remaining 8, of course especially our clones. Options is a loose term since it implies a choice. Scenario is probably a better term.

Here are some from a Cyclone perspective.

Big Ten for ISU and KU. Where do we sign?

PAC 12 for ISU, KU, OSU, TECH. Doable and keeps us P5.

B1G [or SEC] takes USC, UCLA. OU, UW from P12 and remaining 8 from each Conference forma 16 team, 4 pod Conference. Weaker, but still keeps the champ as a P5 option and major names added like AZ, Stanford, Colorado, etc.

Big takes 6 P12 teams (above 4 + Stanford and Cal) primarily to clear California. 8 Big 12 plus remaking 6 form a 14 team Conference with two divisions (West - 6 P12 and Tech and East - remaining 7 B12) [an option off of this is to go to 16 by adding Cincinnati and BYU]. Again P5 is maintained.

Last is the 8 add BYU and Bosie and Cincinnati and next best option (Houston, SMU, Memphis, SDSU,). Arguments could be made for and against all. I would go Houston or Memphis for basketball reasons. 12 teams and still P5. All except 1 or 2 will be some degree of a financial hit. But all keep us P5 and a voice at the table.

I am hearing talk that the 12 team may be scuttled. Also the SEC would strongly push for the P12 4-pod, tOSU, UM, PSU, MSU, ND, UNC, Clemson and FSU to leave the NCAA in FB and set their own rules - the collegiate NFL, if you will. They also might dump the bottom feeders of the SEC to get to the desired 24 teams. Crazy stuff out there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News