ADVERTISEMENT

Shot across capt Kirk's bow

StilwellFBFan

Freshman
Gold Member
Mar 27, 2007
Normally I record the eiu game and delete it if they win and relish every moment if they lose. I had the pleasure, however of being at the UNI game yesterday and then was at my father-in-law's house yesterday evening. He does not have a DVR, sadly, so the eiu game was on in real time and they happened to be playing my second favorite team (as is the case every week).

There was a typical filthy dirty cheap shot from behind and the side to the left knee by one of the Paulson OGs to one of Miami's DLs. I don't know how badly he was hurt or if he came back because I only watched sporadically after the no-call obscene hold on a 40yd screen pass that put eiu inside the 10 which resulted in TD 2 plays later (unfortunately, Stanley does have a nice touch on back corner fades). It may have been season ending and a permanent injury for that player, but if it wasn't it wasn't for lack of intent by the minion of the anointed one.

eiu took out Demond Tucker early with a dirty leg-whip a few years ago that changed the entire complexion of the line battle. If I was coach or AD I would let it be known to the toejam filth that it will be a public war they don't want if they even think about cheap shots on any of our players. I would also suggest showing clips of previous eiu cheapshots in the appropriate back channels to everyone that needs to know that a package of eiu's dirty pool is buttoned-up and ready to be delivered to every local and national media outlet and future opponent of theirs. Someone would run with it. Maybe, just maybe, their nature to be sneaky dirty can be curtailed with a threat of exposure. Injuries sometimes naturally happen, but cheap shot injuries are losses, 'in the margins,' that can't be tolerated, both from a competitive standpoint and to simply protect the health and the futures of our individual young men. Can I just say again, I despise eiu.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News