ADVERTISEMENT

Rotting chicken

AlanAldaClone

Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I bought some chicken from the bargain bin at my grocery store, which has a 5 for $25 section in the meat department. The selections in this section are mostly meat, but there are other things, like cheese and pickles etc. So I got a package of chicken thighs and one of drumsticks, along with two packages of pork ribs and a package of jumbo hot dogs. Not bad for $25, I thought.

Well, I get the chicken home and as I'm opening up the packages I detect a whiff of decay. I'm really hesitant to go any further, but I carry on and season up both packages so I have leftovers, and stick it in the oven for 50 minutes.

First bite of a thigh, is weird, I spit that out and take up a drumstick. First bite also weird. I spit that out. I don't really know at this point if it's the chicken or the seasoning, which is a brand I'm trying out for the first time, sort of like shake and bake but a different brand. Rather than take any chances, I threw both pieces of chicken away and will wind up throwing the whole thing away. That's 4 chicken thighs and about 7-8 drumsticks. It wasn't such a great buy after all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.