ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING Rivals250 QB Talks Iowa State Interest

PaulClark

Sep 1, 2002
by Bill Seals

Iowa State is one Power-5 offer in a crowded field for a four-star Oklahoma prep dual-threat quarterback in the Class of 2018.

Moore Southmoore junior Casey Thompson said he’s hearing from Iowa State assistant Alex Golesh and believes the coach has done a good job recruiting him.

“I really like Coach Golesh,” said Thompson. “I like the key points he makes and how he promotes Iowa State. I'd say he does a good job promoting Iowa State and the offense that they run. I like their offense and the receiving core they consistently have. But there are a lot of unknowns considering that I've never visited the school.

“He said he likes the way the ball comes off my hand and my ability to run,” Thompson says of Golesh. “He thinks I throw and run at a high level and that's why they offered. He thinks I'd bring to the table my arm talent with the ability to distribute the ball to their weapons and also make plays with my feet.”

The 6-foot-1, 176-pound Thompson has a 5.8 Rivals rating, is ranked as the ninth dual-threat quarterback nationally and is the number-four player overall in Oklahoma for 2018.

It should come as no surprise that he’s approached two-dozen offers and has a list that includes the likes of Arizona State, Illinois, Louisville, Miami (Fla.), North Carolina, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Oregon State, Penn State, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia Tech and West Virginia.

Although he has no list to this point, Thompson said he’s being recruited the hardest by Texas, Tennessee, UNC, Oregon, UCF, and Arizona State.

“I'm still wide open for a few more months before I narrow down and make my decision,” Thompson said. “I'll be ready to decide by then.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News