ADVERTISEMENT

Rainman for rent

Psyclone

Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Oakland > Ames > Cedar Rapids
The last significant rainfall at my home other then the derecho was on June 21st. It has been severe drought conditions. The dry weather coupled with two Bobcats, and numerous fallen trees have terrorized my lawn. It is all but turned to dirt. We need rain badly. It was suppose to rain overnight, but it passed us by.

The derecho wreaked havoc on my pool. An algae bloom that consumed the pool water during the multi day power outage has taken days to clear. The pool hasn't been a priority, but the water was finally good enough to get in. The pool bottom was speckled with dirt or algae that the pool cleaner couldn't get. That in itself is rare. Not even the pool brush was getting it done. I needed to get in with a hand brush attached to my foot to really scrub the floor to get it clean. I admit, its not the worst task in the world getting in the pool when the temps are near 100°.

So in I go with brush attached to my foot and the scrubbing begins. It's slow going and I'm totally focused on the bottom of the pool. The pool cleaner was still running but got hung up on an in-wall ladder. So I saunder down to the other end of the pool and free the cleaner. Making my way back to the other end of the pool, I see storm clouds nearby of the kind that bring lightning. So I quickly terminated my pool cleaning task and I await the oncoming storm.

If all it takes to get rain is for me to hop in the pool, I'll make myself available for a fee. Pool cleaning is extra. Approved beverages are welcomed.

Now that I'm out, the storm will probably do what so many others have done this year. Either split and miss my property or just dissipate without raining a drop. I should have stayed in the pool until that first lightning bolt struck nearby. ⛈🏊‍♀️

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News