ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL PFF Offensive & Defensive Notes (Texas Tech)

BillSeals

Jul 24, 2001
mobile.twitter.com
Going to be rolling out the grades over the next 24 hours, but here are some nuggets to get you through.

* Brock Purdy had by far and away his most impressive game of the season against the Red Raiders, grading out overall at 79.7. He had a pass grade of 78.3.
* The highest-graded OL was Joey Ramos, who of course left in the first quarter due to a right ankle injury. The good news was the man who replaced him, Jake Remsburg, was the next highest graded on the line.
* PFF didn't like the work done by some of the WR depth, which makes Purdy's performance even more impressive. Joe Scates, Darren Wilson & Sean Shaw graded out ahead of only TE Dylan Soehner on offense.
* Breece Hall achieved a 64.6 overall grade, which seemed low until I looked at his 35.6 mark as a pass blocker.
* Will McDonald yesterday afternoon...WOW! The situational pass rusher graded out at 87.4, highest of anyone on defense, in 27 snaps.
* Dae'Shawn Davis played only five snaps yesterday, but made them count. He graded out at 80.9.
* O'Rien Vance was the best of the linebackers, grading out at 78.9.
* Arnold Azunna continued a nice rebound from his dreadful TCU outing, grading out at 71.6 in 36 snaps.

That's all for now. I'll have the full rundown coming soon. I've got my eight-year old's birthday party that will be pulling me away for a bulk of the day!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News