ADVERTISEMENT

Our Coaches need to take the next step, stop playing not to lose.

h-towncyclone

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 12, 2001
Houston
The offensive play calling and our punt returns show our coaches don’t play to win.
We always fair catch punts. No effort to set up a return. That’s fine, then let’s go hard to block the punt 35% of the time

Offensively, I think I will mail a postcard letting them know we are allowed throw the ball down field on first down. We are incredibly easy to to game plan for on first down. Im guessing if someone would go back thru last year, 85% of the plays are a run up the middle. It has to be close. 5 % off tackle, 10 % 3 yard down and out passes

3 plays for the majority of first down plays. We always run out the clock late in the first half. Many times we have had about 2 minutes and timeouts and we run the ball up the middle. Good teams take advantage of every possession. They don’t care I’d they are at the 1 or 50, they put the heat on to get points . Teams go to prevent and it’s pretty easy to pick up good chunk of yards on the first 2 plays

From the top down with the coaches, they need to step up and be better. The players certainly have, we have talent at all positions to make plays now. Show confidence in them and call plays that have the chance to be explosive

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News