ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Western Iowa Cyclones

Cedar4Cy

Legend
Gold Member
Sep 16, 2002
I was driving home late Friday night from work and still had 590 on my radio from listening to Golic and Wingo from my morning drive. They were airing a rebroadcast of a Nebraska-Ohio State football game. Do they air those every week?

At first I thought, "What a nutty fan base, to be interested in listening to an old radio broadcast of a football game." But then I got to thinking how cool it would be during the long days of summer while anticipating football to listen to Iowa State radio broadcasts of games. When I'm at the game, I don't get to hear John and Eric's account of the game. That actually might be kind of fun. Any Iowa stations who might be willing to try this on Friday nights during June and July when not much is going on? Just pulling out 10 classic games from the past...both wins or losses....might be even more interesting than replays of the previous season's games.

One more side-note about 590....those stupid "pull it" commercials are so obnoxious. I heard them 5 times an hour while driving around western Iowa last fall, and they're STILL playing them.

Reactions: Cypull
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News