ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Trip Ideas - Suggestions?

enisthemenace

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2010
I am coming up on a birthday soon that society has long considered a milestone. My lovely wife approached me not too long ago and said she wanted to do something special, and had a few ideas for me to choose from. For example:

1. A new set of golf clubs (I'm an avid golfer)
2. A trip to South Carolina with a couple of buddies to play golf. I've heard they are a bit over hyped, but I've always wanted to play the courses down there (i.e. Hilton Head)
3. A skiing trip to Utah/Montana/BC

Just a few examples. She threw out a couple more, but ultimately, none of them "felt right".

We've been married for 13 years and have two kids. We haven't done anything together substantial, just the two of us, in I don't know how long. It has to be north of 10 years. So, I told her I wanted to go on a trip with her, and her only. Kind of a 2nd honeymoon. We went to Negril, Jamaica (Couples resort) on our official honeymoon, and I would like to do something similar, but I'm really up for anything, as long as I have her with me.

A couple of places we've kind of thrown out to get the ball rolling, but we haven't gotten past that stage. Haven't really researched any of them.

- Back to Jamaica: we are familiar with Jamaica. Not only because of our honeymoon, but my parents used to go down there every year for close to 20 years, so we have a lot of information already

The others below...I know very little about, but they have come up in conversation:
- Costa Rica
- Panama
- Grenada
- Iceland
- Mexico (probably least desirable for me, unless there is something I don't know)

If anyone has any experiences with the above places, or any other places we should consider (Bora Bora would be on the list above, but I'm not sure we can swing something like that), I would love to hear about them.

Thanks in advance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News