ADVERTISEMENT

OT:Spring Has Sprung

Psyclone

Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Oakland > Ames > Cedar Rapids
I take back all my complaining about not having a spring this year. It has been overcast, cold, rainy and just about anything but spring this season. Those dreary days have one confined to indoors unless your job forces you outside. And I complained about it as much as the rest.

Today was a nice day. And I'm going to complain about that. I decided to resume my tree trimming activities and had intentions of just whacking off a couple of low branches on one tree. But Noooo! I go crazy with the pole saw, attacking more branches and trees than planned, leaving me a big mess to clean up. I even whacked off some bigger branches that should have been done with the big chain saw, but I was on a roll.

The clean up just about killed me. It got hot and humid and my pile of branches was exceeding capacity. It was work tossing the branches up higher and higher on an ever increasing brush pile. I really need to get out the chipper/shredder and see if I can get it started. I should have done that today, but I was only planning on trimming a couple of branches before I went whacko.

I'm ready for the return of crappy spring, so I have an excuse to avoid outdoor work.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News