Status
Not open for further replies.

CyRail

Legend
Gold Member
Feb 13, 2002
New Berlin, WI
I respectfully disagree....

Dr Atlas' report came "after the fact" when they had the testing capacity to even conduct the test and there was a lot more information available. it is easy to release these results recently and then say we it is not as deadly as we "thought". Nobody eve knew asymptomatic people could spread the disease. With the information available at the time and what was being witnessed in other countries I think what they did was the best available, really the only tool, in the toolbox. The fact that that was the best available option is what should make people mad. Some people talk about this like it only happened, or is happening in the U.S. It is a global. They had to make a decision on the spot about a virus that nobody knew anything about, that some people were dyeing, and it was very efficient in it contagion.

We will learn more things as we open up. Is still think most people are going to stay with the "social distancing" and out of bars and restaurants.

But, how long can we stay out of bars and restaurants? FWIW, I agree with you--I see people crazily spooked by this, and people will stick with social distancing. My god, people are driving alone in their car with a mask on. People are riding a bike outside with a mask on. I mean...how did we get through WWII?

Does anyone realize the economic toll (which leads to all kinds of other ramifications) not having events is going to have? Hotels, restaurants, bars, parking lots, souvenirs, security, ushers, donations, etc. etc.

Tractor, our country cannot sustain this...this is going to be a catastrophe. There is no choice but to open back up, and deal with illness and death (obviously taking steps to reduce as best we REASONABLY can).

Now, I don't think that's going to happen because the media has done a complete once over on the American public...and the public is beyond spooked by this.

Personally, I'd go to a game at Lambeau Field tomorrow with 80,000 people without a mask. As my wife says, "we'll all die of something". But...I've never been scared of death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News