ADVERTISEMENT

OT: I've really cut the cable now

Psyclone

Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Oakland > Ames > Cedar Rapids
I'm replacing my asphalt with a concrete driveway. I made a quick trip north of the border and back this morning. When I returned the concrete guy flags me down and tells me they found my cable when he was taking out the old asphalt. The cable was completely cut, so I now have no Internet or cable TV. I'm using my phone as a hotspot to make this post and read the board. There was a time not too long ago where I would have been out completely without internet. Thankfully I have an antenna and DVR, so am catching up on old Gunsmoke episodes.

I am fortunate in that I already had Mediacom scheduled for Friday. I had some work done on my culvert before the driveway and they uncovered my cable line. It had a pretty good gash in it, so I figured it would be a good time for the cable company to trench another wire in before the driveway gets finished. They have to go under the driveway with the cable to get a direct path to the house.

Tomorrow the last sections of concrete get poured and Mediacom is scheduled between 8 to 10 in the morning. It will be interesting to see if they are here before the concrete truck comes and if they will try to dance around the problem or lay another cable like they need to. At any rate my concrete guy is not slowing down. He is going to bury a PVC pipe under the driveway so the cable company won't need to bring in the special equipment. I'm holding my breath. Tomorrow should be an exciting day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News