OT: Covid-19: The Worst May Be Over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psyclone

Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Oakland > Ames > Cedar Rapids
I downloaded the IHME data on April 10th and created a pivot chart so I could compare it to the first data I downloaded on March 28th. The March 28th data is mostly a projection. It's amazing how accurate the latest actual data tracked the March 28th projection.

I made the background of the April 10th data transparent so I could overlay it on the March 28th data. The orange bars on the April 28th data are actuals with the blue being the projection. The dark bars are the March 28th data.

What you see is a nearly perfect tracking with the exception of a few days that came in lower than the projection. The new projection looks as if they believe the curve is near the peak. But as well as this seems to follow the original projection one could wonder if it won't continue to follow that original higher projection with some good days mixed in. We will know more in the next week. Either way things should start looking better.

Note: I posted this in another thread last night that was later locked due to other discussions. I put too much work into it to let it go without letting people comment. On the other hand, maybe nobody else shares my love for numbers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.