ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Apathy toward Iowa fb

bumblebee

Legend
Jun 29, 2001
Pig-tailing a couple other threads, I just got back from some friends up the street, visiting outside on this beautiful afternoon--talking about about several topics including Iowa FB

These folks have three college-graduated daughters--one from ISU,IA, and the other from UNI

One son-in-law (around 30 yrs old) is not renewing his season tickets for Iowa FB

This guy is (or was) a die-hard to the max, and extremely frustrated with the staid and non-progressive style of Cap'n Kirk & Co. Probably the crappy home schedule too.

I was shocked. This guy apparently has an "Iowa room" in their home..specifically Hayden Fry-themed. Tons of memorabilia. He even found Hayden's Solon, IA home address years ago, and sent Hayden a replica pair of off-white bell-bottoms to be autographed....and got them back signed. This guy is obsessed with Iowa Fb (or was)

He has other stuff like a football signed by every member of the talented coaching staff from the 1985 Rose Bowl season. He was missing Bill Snyder's autograph for years and shipped the FB to Manhattan after smoozing the FB dept secretary @ K-State in a telephone conversation.

My point? The apathy by Iowa fb fans is strong. The outlook is bleak. I believe the first FB weekend this Sept 2015 ISU has a chance to come within 5-6K in attendance vs Kinnick

Quite an amazing transgression from the days of 38K @Trice vs 70K @Kinnick during the 80's-90's.

Makes me appreciate ISU and their fans so much more. We really deserve a winner but we never capitalize on Iowa's down years in FB or MBB

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News