ADVERTISEMENT

NIL tidbits

LeatherCy

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Aug 27, 2001
Cedar Falls, IA
I was home in IL for the 4th holiday. Been a while since I had seen long time friend who has been a college asst. coach at all levels. He's been all over. He spent several years at Southeastern Community College in Burlington when Joe O'Brien was the HC. He told me the athletic dept's biggest fund raiser is a dinner where they bring in a big time coach etc. Bob Knight was the speaker one year. Last year they decided to go with athletes when NIL first came out. They contacted Caitlan Clark. Her fee was $750. They were planning on having four more male and female athletes but ended up cancelling due to COVID. This year they reachedd out to Clark. Her fee was $3,500. SCC told her to stick and had a FB player from Iowa. He didn't say who or how much.

The other NIL story he told was he has a long time friend on the staff at Illinois. They have a collective up and running and are taking NIL inquiries. An Illini basketball player will attend your tailgate at an Illini FB this Fall. He didn't say how long he would stay but the fee would be $10,000/player!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News