ADVERTISEMENT

Net Ranking observations today.

CeMar_Clone

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 20, 2001
First, ISU is #4 in the country in Q1 wins behind KU, UT, and BU. That is domination by the Big 12.

Fran said yesterday that ISU now has the most wins in the country against the Top 25, which is amazing.

ISU jumped from 20 to 17, which is effectively the first 5 seed. Since the committee actually has ISU above its net ranking in the earlier release of its selections, I have to believe now that is still true, and thus I believe ISU is no worse than a 4 seed right now. KSU due to their loss has moved from ahead of ISU to several spots below ISU. So did West Virginia. If Houston and KU are both 1 seeds and Houston is first, then the MW goes to Houston and KU to another region. This would mean ISU is limited to only 3 region choices, and the MW is still in play!

Iowa has dropped to #40 only 2 spots ahead of Oklahoma State, who is a last team in right now. The # 40 spot works out to a 10th seed, but Iowa was normally slightly ahead of their net ranking on most brackets, so I am thinking that they will be slightly better than a 10 seed, but this puts them on the dreaded 8-9 line.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News