ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska Settles for Trev Alberts after Jamie tells the Nubs no!

FormerlyCyberCy

Legend
Gold Member
Nov 17, 2005
Marshalltown to Ames to Omaha
Article on Alberts linked by @lonestarclone in post 37.

From the Omaha World Herald
Check one name off the list of potential candidates for Nebraska’s open athletic director job. Jamie Pollard is staying at Iowa State.
So said the longtime Cyclones A.D. on Wednesday during an appearance on a local podcast. Pollard had seen his name come up in repeated speculation about the position, which Bill Moos vacated this week when he retired.

“Nebraska’s a great program,” Pollard said. “It has a great history. I have a lot of admiration for Coach (Tom) Osborne, both as a coach and when he was an A.D. in the Big 12, and my daughter goes to Nebraska.
“I love the city of Lincoln, but I love working at Iowa State and I am not leaving Iowa State. I’m here. We’ve worked really hard for 17 years to get this program in a spot. I’ll take it as flattery and a huge compliment that there’s folks in Nebraska (who would want me).”

Pollard’s track record in Ames has been stellar, highlighted by the transformation of a once-moribund football program through the hiring of Matt Campbell in 2015. Pollard also hired men’s basketball coach Fred Hoiberg, who led multiple successful postseason runs before taking the Chicago Bulls job and eventually returning to coach college basketball at Nebraska two years ago.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News