ADVERTISEMENT

My friend, Father Mark

Psyclone

Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Oakland > Ames > Cedar Rapids
I've only known him as Father Mark. He was a Catholic priest at my friend's church and was often a dinner guest of theirs. I got to know him through those dinners. We connected due to our love for sports. He is a big Cubs fan, disappointing as that must be these last couple of months. Anyway he is now serving in the Cascade area but was back for a get together yesterday at my friend's house. I think he always like being invited to my friend's house as he seemed to be able to relax and act like a normal person in their presence.

I am neither Catholic or really very religious, having become disenfranchised by all the conflict religions seem to be root of. I am a person of high moral standards, but they just aren't aligned with any organized religion. Despite my agnostic tendencies, somehow Father Mark and I connected. He was always interested to see me when he came back to visit. I hadn't seen him in quite a few years and he was still the same great guy.

I always knew him only as Father Mark, but after learning where he is currently living, I Googled and found his full name Father Mark Osterhaus of St. Thomas Aquinas in Cascade. I post this in case there are others in the area that know him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News