ADVERTISEMENT

More Neal Brown heat

AlanAldaClone

Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Apparently, West Virginia fans are even more fed up with Brown after Monday's press conference where he was asked why fans should continue to show up to games in light of their disappointing showings in signature-type games. His answer?

"I get that they [fans] want to win," Brown said. "But what I would say is -- did they have a good time? Did they enjoy it? It was a pretty good atmosphere. I'm assuming they had a pretty good time tailgating, so if they're in the deal for enjoyment then I would come back ... We need 'em to provide a home-field advantage. We need 'em.

"I get they're frustrated that we didn't win," Brown continued. "We've played a tough schedule. Everybody that's beat us hasn't lost. But that's no excuse, that's just the truth, and the games in our league are going to come down to the fourth quarter, and I don't think this one on Saturday is going to be any different. We need 'em to help us."

The reason they're fed up and didn't like this answer was because he never mentioned the fact that they are still 2-1 in conference play and they have a chance to still play in the conference title game if they can win out, and to win out, they need all the fan support they can muster, especially this weekend when they face Kansas State. Fans seem to think the answer he gave instead shows he's given up on this team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.