ADVERTISEMENT

*** Message From the Publisher ***

BillSeals

Jul 24, 2001
mobile.twitter.com
I'll go ahead and weigh in regarding the current state of events on the forum, with some of the departures of other members. I think that the ISU Confidential Cyclone Report forum is kind of a small reflection of what's going on with the rest of Cyclone Nation right now. It only makes sense that there's a lot of bickering and doomsday posts right now, given what we all saw during the month of December.

There are going to be posters questioning CMC, CSP, their coaching staffs and the players, because that's what is going on everywhere else Cyclone fans are gathered. Obviously, it made enough of an impression that JP felt the need to send out an email...one that I agreed with bit for bit.

As far as what my policy is regarding message board ethics, I'm going to start cracking down more on name-calling and personal attacks on other posters. We need to keep it civil with one another and stop with the personal feuding. If this continues to be an issue, I'll simply reach out to the individual posters privately, as to not stir up more of a hornet's next publicly. I'd also encourage posters to use the ignore function if you frequently don't like another user's opinion or tact.

However, beyond personal attacks, name-calling and obscenities, I don't feel it's my place to police another paid subscriber's opinion on a message board. This is a place for voicing your opinion on Cyclone athletics, so fire away, so long as you keep it civil with one another.

And finally, I hope all of you will give me an opportunity to earn your business just as you did Paul in keeping him in business for more than 17 years. As I mentioned in my introductory post, I have some exciting new features I'm rolling out. It's not just the PFF-focused pieces, either, as I'll have a Matt Campbell Q&A article in the coming weeks. And the recruiting coverage will also pick up a notch beyond what I had written for Paul over the past 11 years.

Opinions will vary on message boards depending on how the football and men's basketball teams are performing, but one thing will not: there will be much more content on this site than there has been in years. Hopefully that will be enough for me to earn your continued business.

Happy New Year!
Bill

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News