ADVERTISEMENT

MBB vs Iowa Next Year

Kclone

Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I know it is way early and the rosters will be different but I thought I would take an early look at the match up for next year based on the players each team is projected to have coming back. For Iowa they may have 6 seniors on the team next that play significant minutes this year. They are Bohanon, Cook, Daily, Kriener, Moss, and Pemsl. Of those 6, Cook is the one that probably won't be back. The other key players for them that won't be seniors are Connie Mac (4 star), Weiskamp (4 star) and Garza (4 star). So we will be looking at a team with 8 key guys back that have plenty of experience and with three 4 stars in that group, some talent too.

We will lose Talley, Babb, Shayok and Lindell. The key contributors we have back are THT, Haliburton, Jacobson, Lewis, Lard, Young. Of that guys we have coming back we have one 4 star in THT. On the surface, it appears that Iowa will have more talent and experience among the key players coming back than we will when play them next year. Hopefully guys like Conditt, Nixon, and Griffin can help us next year.

I feel Iowa pretty much has the upper hand in this rivalry now. We barely beat them on our home floor that last couple of times and they have hammered us in Iowa City. It kind of shows that Iowa's approach to this game is at a higher level than ours. Just my opinion. I know the game is at Hilton, but this should be a very tough game next year and our guys are going to have to play this game like they are out for blood or approach this game with a higher level of intensity and focus than they have.

Reactions: Cylebrate
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News