ADVERTISEMENT

MBB: I might be wrong...but

ketelmeister

Legend
Gold Member
Dec 10, 2006
I've been trying to read sense into the Fred Hoiberg situation, and here is one thought that makes the most sense to me.
Fred may well be deciding IF he wants to coach at all next season. He went to the Doctor with chest pains during the season that was simply stress. He said he was faint early in the season. He had to endure the problem in the tourney with BDJ, and the stress of knowing he had a team primed for a run. He has said that every loss is difficult to take, and he recently had very serious open heart surgery.
He may well be taking time to simply decide if he has it within him to coach anymore at any level. This is not something he would discuss with anyone until he decides because if he comes back, he does not want to look weak.
I know there are people on here who have had serious heart issues and I'm sure it's very difficult to deal with the after affects. For Fred, it may be as simple (or as complicated) as trying to recover and make a decision on his future. All the other discussion may just be people (like me) searching for a reason for his silence. He is NOT the kind of person who would play Iowa State for the fool or would screw with JP. He just is not that kind of person. We will know more soon.

Reactions: Psyclone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News