ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING Louisiana Lineman Plans to Visit I-State

PaulClark

Sep 1, 2002
by Bill Seals

A Class of 2018 offensive lineman who picked up an Iowa State offer early in the season is considering taking an unofficial visit in the near future, possibly as soon as this weekend’s game against Texas Tech.

Gonzales (La.) East Ascension standout Cameron Wire said he emerged on the Cyclones’ radar in September after the staff got involved with a teammate.

“First, they were interested in my teammate Justin Harris,” said Wire. “After they started talking to him, a week later they started recruiting me and offered. They said they like my blocking skills, run fits and how I was able to get to the backers good.”

In addition to I-State, Wire has Power-5 offers from Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, as well as FBS programs Louisiana Tech, Louisiana-Monroe, Central Florida and New Mexico.

The 6-foot-7, 260-pound Wire said he’s kept in touch with a member of the coaching staff since and is looking at a trip to Ames.

“I’ve been sending them my grades and just sent my ACT score and I’ve been in touch with (offensive graduate assistant) Jeff Myers the most,” Wire said. “They’ve been talking to me about getting up there for a game, and I would like to take an unofficial visit to Iowa State in the near future. I was thinking about the Texas Tech game.”

Wire said he’s done his share of homework on the I-State program in the months since the offer and likes what he’s seen.

“I’ve done a little bit of research,” Wire said. “I like the school. When I look at pictures of the stadium and fan base, I really like all of that. They play in a pretty good conference against great competition, so that also appeals to me. Iowa State is in my top-eight schools.”

Reactions: Chester90
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News