ADVERTISEMENT

Killing the Golden Goose?

CeMar_Clone

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 20, 2001
Since I see rumors that college players are talking about unionizing, what do people think about college football becoming a pro league? Essentially just the G league or "AAA" league for the NFL. Maybe at some point in the future, we even drop the premise of the players going to school, just pay them to play. Will you watch? My concern is that the whole reason College football appeals is because it is young men that actually are dedicated to the school, fans, town, their education. If this just becomes a pro league, I likely will never give a damn. If I want pro, I watch the NFL, and even then only the Packers, and only if I am interested in the game. My big concern here is that the college game is being destroyed by what is happening. College football is already dieing, and I believe that these changes are actually accelerating the demise of college football. It would not be too difficult for me to stop watching college football entirely if ISU struggle in the new world, or even does not get invited to the new world. I think everyone involved is blind to the fact that the golden goose can easily be killed at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News