ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING ISU a top school for Florida RB

Josh Helmholdt

Sep 23, 2001
This week I am down in Florida covering The Show at IMG Academy. I pulled aside Lakeland (Fla.) Lake Gibson 2022 RB Jaylon Glover today during registration to see what was new in his recruitment. We talked a lot about new South Carolina head coach Shane Beamer reaching out soon after he was hired, but at the end I asked him who his top schools were. His quote about that is in the article linked below, but the way he said "Iowa State" made me ask him a follow-up on the Cyclones. I am posting his answer only here:

“Iowa State, it might be weird especially because I am the Florida boy and want to go up there with the cold, but they recruit really well. That was one of my earlier offers, and the same love when they couldn’t text me is the same love they are (showing) now. I am talking to their head coach soon, but they hit me up every day. They sell a lot about culture. They talk about facilities, but the thing they like to sell a lot is their culture. That’s something you can’t get everywhere, so that’s definitely cool about them."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News