ADVERTISEMENT

Is this our future forever?.....

Cygarin

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 3, 2001
My granddaughter was sent home from school because she had a routine cough. She will not be allowed to return to school for 14 days or until she has tested negative for Covid.

She has no other symptons related to Covid, nor has she been knowingly exposed to anyone with Covid. Her cough is a routine annual event due to allergies. The school is well aware of this, and even acknowleges it. However protocol is to send home any student that shows signs of any singluar potential Covid symptom.

My daughter took her to the doctor, who confirmed that's what is was, and provided her the same medication as she has every year.

However, because our daughter has been "identifed" as candidate for potentially having Covid.... she has no ability, nor the authority to confirm that the granddaughter does not have Covid. Therefore, she must still sit out for 14 days or be tested.

This morning, my daughter was advised that because the one daughter was sent home for "potential" Covid....their other daughter must stay home for 14 days, or get tested.

Our daughter works full time. She canot take this much time of work.

Her anquish for this futility is beyond comprehension. As she pointed out, there is no way in hell any school can remain open when any abnormal symptons results in an entire family being suspended from school for two weeks...each time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News