ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING Is Iowa State Still on Kansas 4-Star?

PaulClark

Sep 1, 2002
by Bill Seals

A four-star offensive lineman who has had an Iowa State offer for several months has kept a busy fall itinerary thus far and is keeping the rest of this season open-ended.

Lawrence (Kan.) Free State junior Turner Corcoran said the Cyclones have kept a low profile in his recruitment since the spring, but left the idea of a fall unofficial visit open.

“I haven’t really talked to them much of late,” said Corcoran. “It’s been a while since I’ve talked to Coach (Nate) Scheelhaase, Coach (Jeff) Myers or Coach (Matt) Campbell. I think the last time I talked to them was in late-May when they were at my school, hanging out and talking to me seeing how everything was going. It’s been pretty quiet from them. I haven’t really scheduled any more games for this season and am playing it be ear.”

The 6-foot-6, 270-pound Corcoran, who has a 5.9 Rivals rating, also has Power-5 offers from Auburn, Clemson, Georgia, Kansas, Kansas State, Michigan, Mississippi State, Missouri, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Tennessee and Wisconsin.

With the pick of about any high-profile program at this early point in the process, Corcoran has filled up his Saturday schedule early this season.

“I just got back from Oklahoma this past weekend when they played against Army and beat in overtime,” said Corcoran. “It was a really fun game to watch. I was Kansas and Kansas State. KU played good against Rutgers and it was really impressive to have back to back wins for the first time since 2011. I was at the K-State game against Mississippi State and they had a tough one there with a loss. I also went to the Nebraska/Akron game that ended up getting rained out.”

Corcoran said he maintains no favorites at this point in the process.

“It’s been pretty level-headed with most of the schools,” he said. “I’m getting the same amount of mail from all the schools that have offered me. It’s been fun seeing how everything is panning out.”

Even with all the focus on his college recruitment, Corcoran said he’s still found plenty of time to continue honing his craft as an offensive lineman.

“I’ll always really like working hard every single play,” he said. “It doesn’t really matter if the play is going away from me; I still have to do my job to find the linebacker. I pride myself on doing the right things. I’m continuing to work on my pass blocking and I feel like I have to improve on that. I can also continue to get stronger in the weight room.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News