ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State N95 Masks

Psyclone

Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Oakland > Ames > Cedar Rapids
I was asking a friend the other day where I could find N95 masks with an Iowa State logo. This friend is a big Cyclones fan as well as a doctor. He didn't know any of them that were available, but what he said he did was get N95 masks and cover it with an Iowa State mask, like you can find at the ISU bookstore or other places. It needs to be large enough to cover the N95 mask. He showed me at Johnny's. He didn't use the straps on the N95, and instead let the outer Iowa State mask become the holder. Most of those hook over the ears which is a bit easier.

He also imparted some wisdom on the type of N95 to get. This was important to me because I had been looking on Amazon for masks and wasn't sure what to get. I was leaning toward KN95, but only if it was made in Korea, as I heard there were a lot of China knockoffs that were not up to standards. Anyway he said he trusted 3M and that the mask should be marked with NIOSH. NIOSH is the National Institute for Occupational Safety & Health. NIOSH entered a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) in 2018 with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This MOU granted NIOSH the authority to approve surgical N95 filtering facepiece respirators.

Below is a picture of his N95 mask. I ordered some on Amazon and got them today. They were about $1.25 per mask. I tried one on and was surprised how much more comfortable and breathable it was compared to my two layer cloth mask with the "coffee filter" insert. Now I only need to find a good ISU mask to go with it.

I provide this information to help others like me that could easily be confused about proliferation of masks out there with no idea which ones were the good ones. I hope this helps.

Pu06YaU.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News