ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING Iowa St. Visit Likely for Jersey RB

PaulClark

Sep 1, 2002
by Bill Seals

Iowa State is one of four likely summer destinations for a Class of 2021 running back from the east coast who has had an offer from the program for several months.

Montvale (NJ) St. Joseph’s junior Audric Estime said he’s developing a strong bond with the Cyclones after they offered him in December during a visit to his high school.

“I’m continuing to strengthen my relationship with the coaching staff, including Coach Campbell,” said Estime. “We’re talking about me getting out there on a visit, so I’m probably going to set one up to Iowa State and a couple other schools. I really want to get out there to Iowa State this summer for a one-day visit.”

In addition to ISU, Estime has Power-5 offers from Boston College, Louisville, Maryland, Nebraska, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Virginia, Virginia Tech and West Virginia.

The 6-foot-1, 200-pound prospect rushed for 596 yards and 10 touchdowns on 115 carries during his sophomore year, splitting carries with a pair of other backs.

He said that was enough for I-State to identify him as a target for its 2021 recruiting efforts.

“The whole coaching staff likes me a lot and would love for me to go there,” Estime said. “They said they’ve had a lot of big, fast backs in the program, guys that are very explosive. They like my running type would be a good fit in the program. If I get up there and decide to go to school there, I’d be a good fit for the offense and what they ask of their running backs.”

Already a follower of the NFL Draft, Estime said he didn’t need anyone in Ames to bring up the fact that the Cyclones had two former players selected last month.

“They haven’t brought up David (Montgomery) getting drafted, I saw that he did on my own,” he said. “It’s really encouraging to see that, because in a couple years that could be me. I know Iowa State is a good program and it’s a good school. They have good education with good football. They had a couple guys go in the draft this year, with David Montgomery and Hakeem Butler. I’ve been watching that.”

Estime said he is targeting at least four schools for unofficial visits this summer - Iowa State, Ohio State, Notre Dame and Virginia Tech.

Reactions: FormerlyCyberCy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News