ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING In-Stater Ready for Return Visit to Ames

PaulClark

Sep 1, 2002
by Bill Seals

A strong-side defensive end prospect in the 2020 class with an Iowa State offer is planning a return trip to Ames for this season.

Council Bluffs Lewis Central standout Logan Jones said he is looking forward to September 1st, which is the date he can have more contact with college coaches like those in the halls of the Bergstrom Football Complex in Ames.

“I haven’t really talked to them much this summer, but I plan on going up to a game this fall,” said Jones. “I’m not sure which one for sure. I really like it up there and the coaches and staff. I really want to go up there and meet with them.

“I love everything at Iowa State. I love the staff, facilities, weight room…everything is very cool. Their stadium is great. Academically, they’re a really good school too and that’s important.”

The 6-foot-3, 245-pound Jones opted to participate in the Under Armor and Nike camps in lieu of those on college campuses such as ISU’s. He believes the work he put in at those will help him during his junior year.

“I’ve worked on everything,” he said. “We had defensive line drills every day after our summer lifting agility. I’ve gone to quite a few camps and learned a lot of moves that will help me.”

The last contact Jones had with Cyclone coaches came back in the spring.

“I’ve talked to Coach (Alex) Golesh and he’s really cool,” Jones said. “We talk a lot about life and stuff like that. It’s not just about football, so it’s really cool talking and connecting with him. He was out here (during the evaluation period). He said they were really interested and said they’d love me to come up there. I definitely will be back because I love it up there.”

Jones said he’s also confided in former Lewis Central standout Logan Redeker, now a walk-on running back at I-State.

“We’ve talked and he said they will really push you,” Jones said. “He said it’s hard to go along with it. I like that and want coaches to push me and make me better.”

Jones said he plans to visit his offer schools ISU, Iowa and Minnesota this fall. He’ll also make the short trip to Nebraska for a home game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News