ADVERTISEMENT

I had a weird dream

AlanAldaClone

Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
It was an Iowa State dream, so bear with me.

I don't think I've ever dreamt about football, but I did last night and it was a little weird. Iowa State was playing someone and a player who we had high hopes for because we'd been hearing what an athletic freak he was, was finally healthy and coming back from an injury. This was a big guy. Think Brent Curvey.

Anyway, this guy came onto the field and lined up as the center, with the QB under center. They lined up 10 yards back from the line of scrimmage, but everyone else was lined up in their normal places on the line of scrimmage, saving a gap for the center. The center hiked the ball, then ran straight up the field through the gap left for him in the line and continued running all the way to the end zone. The other team was so shocked they just stood there and nobody followed. The QB then reared back and let the ball fly as far as he could throw it. The center dove to catch it and it was called a TD.

I was in an office type setting when all this occurred and we got to discussing it and decided they line up this way so the center could be an eligible receiver. We started calling the play the center eligible play. I don't know if that would make the center an eligible receiver or not, but it's a dream and doesn't have to make sense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.