ADVERTISEMENT

Hurl Beechum

LeatherCy

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Aug 27, 2001
Cedar Falls, IA
Was meeting an account rep at a Subway just off I-80 today in Lincoln, NE As we were talking a tall guy walks by. I looked up and said to the guy I was meeting ( a Husker of course) "that guy looks like a former Cyclone BB player." I kept an eye out. When he was leaving and walking back by our table I said Excuse me, aren't you Hurl Beechum." He smiled and said "Yes, I am." I told my client. "I KNEW it!" Then I had to mention Hurl's 8 threes against OU and Billy Tubbs saying after the game in his best Jack Nicholason voice "What the hell is a Hurl Beechum." I asked Hurl what he was up to these days. He is in the process of moving from AZ back to the Des Moines area. Has two boys and they will be in the Waukee school district. He looked great! I told him he looked like he could still fill it up from behind the arc and asked him if he ever plays? He said he played in and adult league with a lot of U of A and ASU former players. He works in the retirement benefit field. Probably talked to him for 10 minutes. Nice guy. Said he as 20 hour drive left. I did ask him if he was surprised Fred left now. He said no, not really. Once Paige graduated he knew the clock was ticking. He aslo said the T-Wolves was the only other team Fred would ever consider.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News