ADVERTISEMENT

He is not a liar

StilwellFBFan

Freshman
Gold Member
Mar 27, 2007
Do you recall Tristan Michaud saying he was not worried at all about CMC leaving because CMC told him he would be there for his 5 years at ISU? I didn't get the sense that there was equivocation; something like, "My current plan," or, "It is my intention," etc.
Like Tristan, I don't believe CMC is a liar. If you are an honest man, you don't put yourself in a position where you have to explain why you are a liar to your kids. I believe CMC demands loyalty of his players for each other and it would violate what he stands for to not be loyal to them.
Someone said they believed CMC is more likely to someday coach at Mt. Union or at a high school than he would be to move to another college or to the pros. I'd also like to believe that is true. My hope is that sometime after he wins a NC at ISU, he will announce his retirement several years in advance with a mentored coach-in-waiting on the staff.
Granted, I am an admitted sap and am more like my Grandpa than most, but I really believe CMC is different.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News