ADVERTISEMENT

Happy Happy Happy!

SaltLakeClone

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 23, 2004
I just want to say that I have been on the road since 6/21/23 (I retired in February) and so this post includes two thoughts FWIW.....

1. I believe this is how the recent conference restructuring took place.... To start, I believe that it was in the best interest of the PAC 12 to wait things out during the media's frenzic attention about implosion after USC/UCLA committed to the Big 10. Then, as the PAC 12's new tv contract was about to be disclosed, they grew a lot of confidence that they would survive, and here is why I think this..... The Big 10 did not want to add Oregon and Washington due to logistical reasons. I don't think Yormark and the BIG 12 really wanted to take them either (most likely for the same reasons). However, when it became clear to Yormark that the Big 10 wasn't going to be moving and that the PAC 12 was ready to stay put, Yormark forced the action. I think he made it clear (not publicized), to the Big 10 and the PAC 12, that Oregon and Washington were invited to join the BIG 12. That forced the decision of the Big 10 first. They hated to see the new BIG 12 gobble up two stable football institutions and were forced to react. Thus the Big 10 made the first move and that is when the dominos started falling. The PAC 12 then imploded and Yormark got what he originally wished for!

2. The sky is not falling on our football program. I was one of the very first subscribers on this site and before that I subscribed to Cylone Report. If I didn't get the newspaper by mail I went to pick it up and may have stopped by to have a cocktail with Pete and Eric. I went by a different username before (Cloned 84). For those of you that feel, somehow, that you aren't getting your money's worth for being a fan, I will try to explain my emotions.....I have been going to ISU football games since I was 4 years old (1965) and remember the pure joy of the games (knot hole seats for two bucks). I have continued to love our Cyclones (ALL sports). ISU athletics is who I AM. The best times for ISU athletics is staring us all in the face. Look around and don't miss it! Some of us, including me, need to count our Blessings!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News