ADVERTISEMENT

Great end to a pretty darn cool trip( Cyclone connection here)

deacesucks

Legend
Gold Member
Aug 13, 2004
Second trip to Vegas, and probably won't go back, but our trip included a lot of stuff not in Vegas.

Road trip to North Rim. As beautiful as the south rim but 10% of the people.

As is customary, we travel off the beaten path if possible. A dirt road took us on a 34 mile journey( alternate to the 73 mile highway trip) to get close to Bryce Canyon. Open range and beautiful scenes galore. I wasn't worried about the road until about 2/3 of the way through, a sign stated high clearance and four wheel drive vehicles recommended beyond this point. I figured if I can traverse the local county gravel and dirt roads in my area, I could do this with my rented VW Passat. I only rubbed the spoiler on the front of the car a few times.

We stayed the night in Bryce , and then did the hike to the bottom of the canyon, twice, sort of. Great dinner in the evening and breakfast the following morning at The Pines near Bryce. Drive back to Vegas took us through Zion, and was breath taking.

Sunday took us to Hoover Dam. Damn that's a big hole. On the way to there, we stopped at The Coffee Cup in Boulder City for breakfast......best ever breakfast is not stretching it.

The game was pretty much a prime example of how football is meant to be played, but the most incredible sight was the stream of cardinal as the 20+k fans walked the bridge to the stadium.

Our flight back last evening to Omaha was highlighted by sitting next to a Cyclone alum by the name of Todd Doxzon........ Our visit included an update on his son who is on the ISU roster, and chatter about his playing days, and his continued connection to former Cyclones such as Sage Rosenfels, who was also on the flight, Darren and Troy Davis, and his NFL tenure as he tried and tried to extend his career but setbacks due to injury really hurt his chances. He also mentioned that he had been in contact with Kene about his knee injury and said it is a day to day thing, for now. Great guy to visit with.

What a great trip.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News